Thursday, October 19, 2006

New England, Part One

10/19/06 - Below is my one attempt at blogging while on our recent New England trip. What with slow and sporadic Internet connections, I soon gave up any thoughts of trying to post. Plus, there was just so much to see and do that I found myself in a constant state of visual overwhelm. I'll be sharing our adventures in future posts. Much as I loved our trip, the most exciting thing right now is that I'M HOME!!

October 4th
As I type this, I'm gazing out the living room window of my friend Erika's family vacation home in the middle of the New Hampshire woods with the glory of fall colors casting hues of gold, flaming red, orange, yellow and rust on the varied hardwoods, punctuated by deep greens from Hemlock and Spruce. It's breathtaking. And from what I'm told, it's just beginning. I can't imagine it being more spectacular than right now, but I'm assured that more is yet to come.

Trees are not the only things showing off vibrant colors now. Fungi, in multiple forms, shapes and colors are pushing up through the blanket of leaves that cover the ground as we walk through the woods. Bright pink, orange, yellow, and the more common shades of brown and gray are everywhere one looks, creating a delightful obstacle course in our paths, as one has to stop to marvel at everything.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely contrast with the dark green and bright russet!

    Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, admire those who can vacation and blog at the same time, Sher. The colors were even more spectacular than my camera begin to show. And, I just realized I left out the photos of the fungi. Jeez! Back to the blogging board.

    Hi Mimi, I'm so glad to be back. I'm still unpacking and trying to get over a flu I've come down with, but hope to be up and blogging soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I will do my best to respond to your comments and questions so feel free to write to me here. Sorry for the comment moderation but it helps to keep the spammers at bay.