Saturday, October 7, 2006

I'm Still Here...!

Well, actually I'm there - travelling the backroads of New Hampshire. I wish that darn RV wasn't in the photo, but I can't have everything. And no, the RV is not ours. Some interloper. Blogging has proved to be a challenge on this trip. We're often working with a 56K Internet connection or none at all. Thankfully for the moment we've got a fast wireless connection, enabling me to post this.

We arrived on the Atlantic seacoast yesterday and are in a little bed and breakfast in Portsmouth, NH called The Inn at Strawberry Banke. A very old house full of narrow stairs, sagging floors and charm. (I'll have photos to show and stories to tell when I return home.) Today we'll explore Portsmouth and then head off for Ipswich, Mass, makng our way out to the coast to Rockport and then on to Salem, where I swear my witchy roots are. I'll find out.

I just had to let you know that I'm still here, or rather there...

7 comments:

  1. The colors look glorious! Relax, and enjoy your trip - the internet can wait....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy to hear from you! Figured you are having a wonderful time! Will certainly look forward to all the new blogs to come! Travel safe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine,

    Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WiFi again - I can communicate! Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine!

    Good to hear from you. I am looking forward to hearing more about Strawberry Banke — I'd heard of it before but saw photos two years ago in Yankee Magazine that really enchanted me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mimi and Sher, It's so nice to hear from you all. I feel like I've been gone for such a long time!
    We're in Salem, MA now, leaving tomorrow for Vermont again (wait until I tell you all about Wilcox's ice cream!) before heading over to Albany to catch the train home. I have so many things to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're having fun. I hear fall in New England is beautiful. I've only been there in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I will do my best to respond to your comments and questions so feel free to write to me here. Sorry for the comment moderation but it helps to keep the spammers at bay.