Friday, March 7, 2008

Miles' Time


Son Miles is traveling about Europe for a month. As a mom, of course I think about him all day - where he is, what he's doing, the great sights he's seeing, etc, ad nauseum. And because I'm constantly counting on my fingers the time difference between where I am and where he is, I found this cool web site called Time and Date DOT com, where I can put a digital clock on my sidebar (see? it's just there to the left) for just about any country in the world. And now I don't have to count on my fingers - I can just click on my blog. When he moves from country to country (of course I have his itinerary), I can will change the clock to reflect his movement. This gives a mom comfort. Especially this mom. Grown up young man that he is, he is, after all, my baby.




Copyright © 2005-2008, Christine Cooks. All rights reserved

6 comments:

  1. I use a widget on my dashboard to do the same thing! We moms must be pretty much alike with this. Worry, I'm sure there's a mom gene for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, relax...he's having a blast, an education and he'll come back a better, more worldly person and maybe a European fiancee! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea about the clock. I'm sure he's having a fun time with lots of stories to tell when he returns. I know I did. ;-)

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't help worrying though can you Christine.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, things have sure come along way since I last left word. sorry to hear of your arm woes-get that better! Is Miles home yet? What a great Trip!! I woulda gladly gone and kept an eye on him for ya! lol
    Love D
    PS so good to talk w/ you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there D, Great to see a note from you. Miles is home, he had a wonderful time AND he got engaged to his sweetie while they were staying in Barcelona! A good trip all the way around, I'd say.
    The arm is getting better, in baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I will do my best to respond to your comments and questions so feel free to write to me here. Sorry for the comment moderation but it helps to keep the spammers at bay.