Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Green Gazpacho


I've just returned from five days of visiting family in and around the very hot Sacramento Valley. While I re-size and organize my photos, water the garden, prune the berry canes and catch up with weeding, I give you this image of the divinely delicious green gazpacho that my brother-in-law, Kees, made for us. This recipe appeared in last Wednesday's (July 12th) New York Times Food Section. Unfortunately, I can no longer access the recipe on line and am hoping that Kees will see this post and send it to me.
More photos and travel commentary to follow...

6 comments:

Kalyn said...

Wow, I want this recipe if you get it.

christine said...

I thought it would intrigue you! It's yours just as soon as I get it.

sher said...

Welcome back!!!! I too want the recipe, it looks so cooling and delicious. Right now, I could live off of food like this.

doodles said...

that looks wonderful.....if you google green gazpacho does it come up? If not waiting patiently. thanks

Julie said...

Hi Christine,
I saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting! I first learned to make traditional gazpacho from my mother-in-law. I think I will test your version on her and see how she likes it.
Julie

christine said...

Doodles, I did a google search and a NY Times search for the recipe and am having no luck. I'm just going to have to wait for my brother-in-law to send it to me.

Julie, Thanks for the visit. I hope to have a recipe up soon.

To ALL: Meantime, I did find a recipe by Mollie Katzen (Moosewood Cookbook) that seems pretty darn close to the one in the NYT. The link is: http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2000/katzen/gazpacho.html