Tuesday, February 13, 2007

After Dinner Treats... Better Than Chocolate?


Nightly, after the dinner dishes have been cleared and a wee small nap is in order, this is where you'll find Mr CC and Lily. Between the two of them, it's hard to tell who's loving it the most. Want to see what Mr CC likes to do? Go over to Raven Ridge Gardens to check it out.

Cook's Notes:
I know I've been absent a lot. I'm not looking for nor do I want sympathy here, but I've had one of the nastiest cold/flu illnesses I've ever experienced. Days on end of doing nothing, feeling like doing nothing and accomplishing zilch. It hasn't been fun. And I've been missing you a lot. Today I'm feeling somewhat human and am trying to get ramped up and blogging (read cooking) again. My sis and her husband are coming today for the weekend. Yay! We're having grilled, bacon-wrapped, locally line-caught albacore tonight. You WILL see it here.

10 comments:

  1. What a total drag. I hate being sick like that. Glad you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the albacore sounds heavenly.
    I'm always overwhelmed by how a cold/flu can bring the body to it's knees. Good to hear you are returning to the feeling human with a future again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture!! Just love it!

    I hope you feel better soon. That nasty stuff is going around. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care Christine and hope you feel better soon.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all of you, for leaving a comment.
    The whole getting better thing is being accomplished in baby steps, but I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've all missed you, Christine!

    I've been missing myself, due to a heavy workload and 12-hour days.

    Mr. FKIA does the same thing after a good meal, minus the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope you are feeling better-it is terrible to be sick-I have a Lilly, too, but she barks! Take care of yourself and we will be waiting to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine. I have Scottish Fold cat "Smoky". He is very lazy and smart (like every cat) and he is my favourite. So I understand your husband...
    Please fill better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your feelin' better! Can't wait to try the refried beans recipe, but the Meyer lemons are not to be found in these parts! And with eggplant being one of my very favorite veggies (who knew?), the caponata will also be one I try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whether you want it or not, you have my total sympathy. Man, has this been the worst winter for colds and viruses, or what? Everyone has been sick, including me and Gene too. Hang in there. Spring is coming and I hope that means those nasty bugs will go away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I will do my best to respond to your comments and questions so feel free to write to me here. Sorry for the comment moderation but it helps to keep the spammers at bay.